AZA Finance is the largest non-bank in Africa and an established provider of Payments, FX and Treasury providing cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting-edge technology with our proprietary technology, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban and Dakar.
As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for lead generation and sales-related tasks in the Francophone region for AZA’s cross-border payments services/products. In this role, you will support the Sales Team in new customer acquisition and revenue generation in the Francophone region. We’re looking for an ambitious young professional, with the relevant experience and skills, to help AZA Finance penetrate the East African region by selling our cross-border payment products and services. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level.
- Help grow Outbound clients in the Francophone West Africa region and any other assigned market with the best revenue margins.
- Focus on the sustainable acquisition of clients (MTOs, fintecs, mid-large corporates, SMEs, BDCs, cryptocurrency traders etc) who trade large volumes with profitable margins.
- Help grow Intra - Africa trades among active markets, with core focus on driving Bi - directional trades among active markets and working closely with other other sales leaders in other markets.
- Focus efforts to generate scalable and predictable leads with good revenue for the company.
- Team collaboration: Regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders such as marketing, strategic partnerships, revenue operations, product, compliance, finance, and treasury to optimise the customer experience and align on the revenue growth strategy.
- Forecasting: Maintain an updated sales pipeline and ensure proper sales planning and forecasting.
- Collaborating to ensure there is an approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients with a focus on our pooling business model.
- Reporting: Analyse and present data to key internal stakeholders in order to inform impactful business decisions and help adapt tactics that drive profitable growth within the Ghana market and other assigned territories.
- Driving the growth of crypto - inbound clients in the Francophone West Africa region and any other assigned territory, with a core focus in identifying businesses who trade a daily cumulative volume of $100k and above or a weekly cumulative volume of $1M and above.
- Build a strong TML and generate the right Pipeline for easy conversion of these prospects to clients.
- Bilingual with written and verbal communication in English and French. Local languages like wolof, etc are an added advantage.
- Ability to understand AZA Finance products and target and engage the right type of leads.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support the growth of AZA Finance both internally and externally.
- Exhibit and maintain a cordial working relationship with your colleagues as much as depends on you. This does not preclude you from being assertive and clearly sharing your opinions on business decisions and approach.
- Creative problem solving with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals.
- Strategic thinking and ability to execute, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals.
- Strong negotiator with proven capacity to close agreements timely.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard......and more!!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.