It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Salesforce Systems Manager will lead the everyday work of a team of systems analysts to ensure alignment with project and operational commitments. As the successful candidate, you will serve as a subject matter expert in our operational tools ecosystem - understanding how they work, the user experience of those tools, the metrics they generate, how they are configured and administered, and the data flows between them. You anticipate problems before they become problems, using exceptional critical thinking skills, problem solving, and sound decision making to rapidly diagnose and resolve impediments to the optimal performance of our systems. You will get to use your strong collaboration skills by connecting the dots between business needs and technology solutions, as well as process optimization. You are passionate about seeing others succeed and support professional development through mentorship, training, and coaching. The role reports to a Senior System’s Lead and partners closely with Customer Operations, Shared Services, and Engineering teams.
You will also:
- Track team OKRs and goals with a focus on systems optimization
- Assess, action, and report on system performance and against established metrics
- Conduct regular 1:1s with team members to provide feedback on performance, mentorship and career guidance
- Act as an escalation point for issues during business and non-business hours, as well as attend meetings in other timezones when needed
- Lead project delivery, addressing risks and issues through effective contingency plans; tracks project schedules and budgets; ensures requirements are addressed during implementation
- Identify and recommend improvements in tools
- Build constructive relationships with team members and peers in other Cash Customer Operations and non-Cash Customer Operations areas, and ensure exceptional support for Cash Customer Operations
- Carefully monitor systems health and coordinate response to triage of any system issues
- Develop and document standard operating procedures
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a leadership role
- Analyst, Architect, or Engineering experience with Salesforce, enterprise grade workforce management tools, such as NICE, content management tools, and/or social tools. Experience with ML or automation a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.