The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
The Senior Accountant is a skilled change agent who can automate workflows, implement new processes, and constantly iterate on our current procedures to improve the efficiency of our teams. We measure success by the successful and seamless execution of month-end-close and your impact on scaling the accounting department.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You can confidently drive the month-end-close process from journal entries to month-over-month flux variance analysis
- You know the drill for supporting the Accounts Payable process and reviewing vendor bills in Coupa
- You’ve taken ownership of and improved our bank and credit card reconciliation processes
- You’re a Sales Tax expert
- You’re familiar with payroll reconciliation and journal processing
- You’re independently adding and reviewing amortization schedules for new prepaid additions as well as removing fully amortized items from the schedule
- Fixed assets are coded according to company policy and amortization run through NetSuite fixed asset module
- Monthly accrual process has been improved through partnering with FP&A and Procurement
- The company has detailed and thorough records of fixed-asset write-offs, non-payroll accruals, and monthly accruals according to an up to date accrual schedule.
- You accurately and thoroughly review and reconcile all ledger accounts on the balance sheet.
- You have supported the Team’s goal of reducing month-end reporting schedule
- You have contributed to the development of the company cashflow forecasting model
- You’ve worked with the team on audits, compliance filings, and new system implementations.
A background like this helps:
- Coming from a background within SaaS/FinTech
- Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Data-oriented and unfaced by large datasets
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to navigate NetSuite is strongly preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP, SOX, bank reconciliations, and general ledger
- Ability to proritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Oral and written communication skills to collaborator with upper level management and peers