At Xapo we are building truly cross functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, build, test, delivery and operations. You will collaborate closely with your fellow team members from the product, apps, design and QA communities of practice.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Financial Crime Prevention engineering function. Our tech stack includes:
- AWS for all of our Infrastructure
- Python / Flask
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices as well as playing an active role in the Development Community of practice.
- Designing, developing and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency and security.
- Your team will take full end to end responsibility of the services your team owns, from development through to production operation
- Collaboration with team members across multiple functional areas to ensure delivery of the best solutions for our customers.
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (we use Python and Node.js)
- Great teamwork and communication skills in English, comfortable preparing high quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding of microservice architectures, container based 12 factor apps and cloud native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Practical experience applying Domain Driven Design and understanding the principles behind building software that is testable, observable, reliable, and sustainable to maintain.
- Experience building contract first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at unit, contract, service and end to end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly and with quality. Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understands the role of high quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software
- Experience working with a public or private cloud vendor
- Experience working in Finance is beneficial
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.