Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. Our Okcoin Malta team, in particular, is responsible for the overall AML and regulatory compliance programs in-country, meeting ongoing EU and global applicable requirements.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for supporting the Compliance Lead in developing policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure the company is compliant.
- Support monitoring efforts in line with our global compliance program expectations.
- Ongoing maintenance of existing licenses, responding to legal and regulatory requests, and preparing for independent testing as required.
- Engaging cross-functionally (with Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk teams) to establish a thoughtful, strategic and tactical approach to our new services/products and related processes.
- Participate, track and monitor compliance reviews and investigations.
- Support the creation of Compliance reports, including reports to management and the board, and other materials as required by direct and matrix stakeholders and submit timely.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 4+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries
- Strong analytical and research skills, and desire to create documentation and reporting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong process and project management skills with attention to detail, proactive, and well-organized.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment, covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical, and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with AML/CFT, licensing requirements, and industry best practices
- CAMS or equivalent certification