Welcome to Aleo.
Aleo is building the world's leading developer platform for private applications. With our vocal advocacy for privacy tech in the blockchain ecosystem, we are playing a major part in mainstream awareness and industry adoption of privacy-preserving technologies. We are proud to offer a platform of services that exemplify privacy tech in web applications, increasing digital freedom and access around the world.
As a senior front-end developer and designer, you’ll be an innovative and strategic thinker responsible for user interface design, front-end development of websites and other interactive products, and maintenance and modification of existing surfaces. You’ll be responsible for the UI creation process including wireframing, mockups, and build-out of UI design into fully functional web pages and web applications. You’ll oversee multiple complex projects, virtual teams, and collaborate with both internal and external design teams to take projects from concept through production and delivery.
What you'll be doing:
- Build beautiful user interfaces across our exciting product portfolio.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and translate UI designs into structured and well-organized HTML/CSS, compatible with modern browsers.
- Coordinate with internal and external design teams and cross-functional partners to translate a design concept and brand identity into beautiful, functional interfaces with consistency and accuracy.
- Use Responsive Web Design/RWD techniques in web development by reviewing mock-ups, and ensuring they work across platforms
- Research new digital technologies, design standards, tools and processes, best practices, and methodologies; and advise the executive & product teams about whether and how they should be integrated.
What we look for in you:
- Contributed to consumer-facing app and deploy code in production, at scale.
- Experience designing UI/ UX transitions & animations
- Strong working knowledge of developing cross-platform/browser and services compatibility (Webflow, Typeform, Figma, etc.) and frameworks (React, Svelte, etc.) for dynamic web applications.
- Ability to work with, and build trusted relationships, with internal teams successfully.
- Ability to manage third-party design agencies as well as small teams.
- Cross-functional mindset and experience collaborating with others in a remote work environment across geos.
- Passionate about self-improvement and at ease with constructive criticism.
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years of Front-end Development experience.
- You have working experience in a startup environment.
- Creative, digital portfolio demonstrating outstanding conceptual thinking and design skills.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management and problem-solving capabilities
Salary & Benefits
- $240K -$290K plus equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.