What we do
Violet is building on-chain compliance and identity infrastructure. Our mission is to evolve trust in Web3.
Violet is a primitive applicable to many use cases, however we are most excited about catalyzing institutional participation across DeFi in the near term. We believe this is key for the industry to expand and become more robust.
Specifically we are initially building an on-chain infrastructure product that solves institutional compliance requirements - while maximizing privacy for individual participants. We intend this infrastructure to be utilized by DeFi builders as they start engaging institutional liquidity and wish to grow regulatory trust in their platforms. Our early work includes www.humanbound.xyz.
Violet sits at the intersection of web2 and web3, which translates to engineering across old and new UX patterns, requiring deep holistic thinking in producing delightful software - which is why we are looking for a senior frontend engineer to join our team.
Violet is backed by top crypto investors and traditional investors alike, including BlueYard and founders / senior leadership at Ethereum, Filecoin, Anchorage, Coinbase, Wise, Uniswap, Argent, and many more.
- Help design and build the UX/UI of all user centered flows across all our web properties -- while remaining focused on delighting our users
- Build across our entire application stack, interfacing both web2 and web3. This includes (but is not limited to): The Violet website, Violet integrations with DeFi applications, Humanbound
- Work with the entire team to bootstrap and foster a thriving open source community around Violet, utilizing this interface to continuously improve our work and processes
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing delightful web applications
- Strong software fundamentals (Typescript, Node.js, GraphQL, frontend JS frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular etc)
- Prior experience working across the broader web3 stack, i.e. you know your way around libraries and tooling in the space
- Prior experience working closely with a designer to iterate on a product
- Prior experience writing concise and beautiful developer documentation
- Bonus points for:
Any experience working across the identity web universe (OAuth, OpenID, DIDs, etc) * Knowledge and/or passion for blockchain fundamentals, smart contracts, DeFi protocols, etc. - however there is no explicit requirement and we are more than happy to show you the ropes
- *If you have published about your work before (Blog, code, twitter, conferences, etc)
- *If you know your way around Figma and can whip up early design work and wireframes yourself
What is it like to work at Violet
Violet is a remote first / distributed organization, with a small hub in Berlin. Today all of our team is in EU time zones and we get together in person every second month for a few days. Recent trips have been to Denver, Amsterdam, and Berlin. We value both the flexibility of remote work, as well as the ability for deep and conceptual work, that is at its best while being around your teammates.
- Competitive compensation package, including generous equity / token grants
- Co-working or home office stipend
- Whatever work gear you may need to feel productive
- Participation across major industry conferences and hackathons, as well as travel to team on-sites and our hub in Berlin
How to apply
Please apply using the following link: https://defi-labs-gmbh.breezy.hr/p/44e628baabcd01-senior-frontend-engineer/apply