It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
In 2023, Cash App is setting its sights beyond the core programs that got us to 47M+ monthly active users, and launching a strategic mission around network expansion. This means breaking into new audiences with cross-functional go-to-market work, seeding growth and accelerating virality. To support this, the Growth Marketing Team is building out a new pod dedicated to driving Cash App’s expansion.
This team’s work will be focused on building a cutting edge growth machine that can attack the company’s priority audiences. The Senior Growth Marketing Manager: Expansion Strategy will be one of the first hires, responsible for planning, launching, and optimizing all the performance media for audience expansion initiatives.
- Own all performance media for Cash App’s network expansion including robust, always-on campaigns as well as bespoke, local marketing initiatives.
- Manage a 7-figure evergreen quarterly performance marketing budget, optimizing for the maximum return on investment.
- Conduct campaign, audience, and creative analysis to be shared with senior stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, user-research partners, and creative directors to make sure we’re advertising the right products to the right people in creative ways.
- Co-lead the planning and execution of local marketing initiatives with Product Marketing, building a scalable program and deploying it across the U.S.
- Plan and execute high impact brand campaigns, building awareness and favorability among Cash App’s strategic audiences.
- 5+ years of experience in a performance marketing role at a high growth company.
- Expertise in managing campaigns across digital channels (Meta, Google, Snapchat, and TikTok), and the ability to translate growth skills to new channels (CTV, YouTube, local marketing).
- You are comfortable being the point person for end-to-end growth marketing campaigns, from the planning and creative production, to the execution and analysis of results.
- You are driven by metrics, even when faced with a challenge that isn’t perfectly measurable. You seek to balance strategy and data to drive insights and results
- Experience leading projects that require gathering your own cross-functional buy in and presenting to senior stakeholders
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.