As a vital Protocol Labs Recruiting team member, the Executive Recruiter works closely with our leadership teams to identify and nurture promising passive and active leadership candidates from various channels. We work in a remote environment and seek a recruiter who is a self-starter, a great communicator, personable, professional, and upbeat! We're obsessive about candidate experience and aim to treat every candidate we engage as a community member, regardless of the outcome. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Talent at Protocol Labs
The Talent Team at Protocol Labs powers our work. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and spec work, and our implementations are passionate people, teammates, and community members. The Talent Team ensures that the Protocol Labs team remains happy, aligned, and productive. Protocol Labs works at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, distributed work). The Talent Team has the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to shape how we work at PL and ensure we all grow as people and professionals. This happens in an environment of curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Partner with executive leadership to understand current and future hiring needs.
- Create creative research strategies, talent map companies, understand competitors, and become an expert in web3.
- Identify, source, manage, nurture and track candidates using a variety of sourcing channels.
- Running a weekly sync with leadership to provide updates on the search.
- Developing and owning the interview process, including candidate preparation, follow-ups, and reference checks.
- Handle the offer process and lead the charge for the candidate's transition and onboarding process post-hire.
- Become the subject matter expert for leadership recruiting in our wider network of 100s of companies.
- 7+ years of executive or leadership recruiting experience in a competitive market.
- Experience building out leadership recruitment processes from scratch in fast-paced environments.
- Stakeholder management skills and the ability to interface in a remote environment with senior leadership at Protocol Labs and other companies in our wider network.
- In-depth knowledge of recruitment strategies at the executive/leadership level, including the understanding of creative candidate sourcing methods for leadership candidates.
- Ability to understand and convey opportunity complexity in a polished and professional manner and to capture the attention of busy, C-level candidates.
- Proven track record of hiring both technical and non-technical leadership candidates.
- A growth mindset and the ability to proactively anticipate needs and present solutions.
- A comfortability with ambiguity and the ability to adapt to changing dynamics as needed.
- Recruiting experience in the cryptography and/or research space.
- A familiarity with hiring in web3, crypto, or blockchain.
- You are a subject-matter expert with Greenhouse or GEM.