Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro , Kraken NFT , and Cryptowatch .
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Kraken is looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A to join the FP&A Team in a high visibility role. The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise in Corporate FP&A and Investor Relations with demonstrated experience building out key finance processes, engaging effectively with leadership, and leading all finance planning work-streams including driving critical cross collaboration across company-wide stakeholders. The role will be responsible for all aspects of Corporate FP&A including developing Board and other Executive Materials, Competitor Analysis, External Reporting, 409a, Long-Range Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting, Close Process, and serve as the key point of contact to Investor Relations from FP&A.
Skills You Should HODL
- Serve as the direct partner to Investor Relations from FP&A on all external reporting including for clients, key partners, and investors. This includes leading our 409a process, assisting with client financial DDQ materials, critical partner material preparation, as well as regular investor reporting
- Implement and create critical Corporate FP&A processes, timelines, and materials in close partnership with key stakeholders
- Manage and improve the corporate financial planning model, business line forecasts, and ad hoc financial analysis including the development of regular monthly forecasts, long-range planning models, scenario-based models, and KPIs
- Work to develop entity, geo, and product P&Ls, partnering closely with accounting, strategic finance, tax, and regional operations
- Build out regular competitive reporting with detailed financial metrics and insights for monthly delivery to the Executive Team
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to drive company-wide strategic planning processes and timelines
- Drive regular reporting processes on business line KPIs, including building reporting dashboards and analysis for business review meetings
- Evaluate financial and operational results to better understand company performance and identify opportunities in both revenue growth and expense management
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure accurate and timely monthly financial reporting and close
- Assist FP&A business partners to consolidate month end reclasses and ensure accurate month end reporting
- Build relationships across the organization and become a trusted partner to our functional leaders and partners
- Provide analyses and recommendations on financial and operational metrics to executive management to support decision-making
- Serve as a strong and respected people manager to an exceptional team of finance managers
- Assess, implement, and maintain financial reporting systems, ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of FP&A activities
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Finance/FP&A positions, a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field (MBA/CFA a plus)
- Outstanding communicator with excellent analytical skills and a strong ability to synthesize complex workstreams into clear and actionable recommendations
- Ability to operate within ambiguous conditions and build out new processes, models, and presentations from scratch
- Extensive experience engaging, interacting, communicating, and influencing effectively at the most senior levels in a matrixed environment including through strong business partnership
- Expertise in FP&A best practices, including early adoption of the latest tools and technologies
- Experienced in both large and smaller, high-growth companies is desirable, experience with FinTech companies is a plus.
- Prior management experience desirable
- You should have a basic understanding of GAAP accounting principles and be highly proficient with GSuite and Excel as well as accounting software including Netsuite or related
Location Tagging - #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn