Founded by the creators of Fortmatic, Magic is a Web3 infrastructure company that empowers developers to create seamless and secure user onboarding experiences, abstracting away the complexities of blockchain technology. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
To date, Magic has enabled more than 91,000 developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to the Web3 ecosystem — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by leading NFT marketplaces such as Immutable, Niftys, OpenSea, Decentraland and major enterprise Web2 companies alike.
If you are excited to make Web3 accessible and help onboard the next billion users, let’s chat!
We’re looking for a high-performing Finance & Strategy Senior Manager who will work directly alongside the VP of Finance & Operations. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in investment banking, consulting and/or strategic finance roles in a high-growth environment, with a strong passion for creating analytical frameworks in an ambiguous environment.
- Build and own Magic's corporate model that enables a detailed understanding of both our long-term strategy as well as our core product and relevant KPI metrics
- Craft various executive-level internal and external materials, including quarterly board decks and investor update materials
- Lead sophisticated data analysis and market research that results in compelling recommendations for the leadership team
- Partner with teams across the company to lead business case and scenario analysis to drive intelligent decisions which inform company strategy - particularly regarding driving towards maximizing the company’s profitability over time
- Partner with our internal Accounting lead to conduct budgeting process and long-term strategic planning from a financial perspective
- Support key strategic initiatives such as M&A, strategic partnerships, and capital markets activities, including interfacing with existing and prospective investors
- Champion implementation of financial & strategic planning systems
- Ad-hoc projects from the management team
- 6+ years of total experience, including in top-tier investment banking, strategy consulting, or strategic finance at a high-growth enterprise software company
- Exceptionally advanced Excel and financial modeling skills, as well as PowerPoint/presentation skills
- Strong understanding of enterprise SaaS business model and its GTM motion, including key relevant SaaS metrics
- A knack for distilling complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- You think like an investor: Capable of high-level strategic thinking (seeing the “bigger picture”) while simultaneously being able to dive into granular quantitative details
- You execute like an entrepreneur: High energy and action-oriented with a scrappy attitude to get things done in complex, unstructured yet fast-moving environments.
- You act like a team player: Collaborative, solutions-oriented mindset with strong communication skills
- Like to have: Strong interest in web3 / crypto (professionally or personally)
- Like to have: Experience in financial planning tools such as Pigment, Mosaic, OnPlan
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning and reproductive health benefit with $5,000 lifetime reimbursement through Maven
- Annual team meetups
- Discretionary performance bonus
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.
Apply for this job