If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems, having an impact on a fast-paced remotely managed engineering team and like being surrounded by inspiring coworkers, then keep reading!
We bring to life fast, permissionless, decentralized computation. The Nillion team are looking for talented software engineers to build a new paradigm in decentralized computing with the aim of redefining network computation on private data.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Nillion you will architect, design, build, test and deploy software and architecture related to the Nillion NMC Network. This may include building our MFA, NMC Signing & Authentication Services, and much more. This role will be research-focused engineering as we are bringing to life a new security, storage and computation model for private data and we will be bringing it all together with the nilToken, meaning expertise across all areas of computer science will be needed to make it happen.
You will apply your knowledge and best practices in computer security to ensure that Nillion’s systems are secure at the code level and in-depth.
- You will analyse and build software systems according to the latest best practices of security practices and engineering.
- You will mentor and develop a security-first mentality with engineers that we hire and bring on to the team.
- You will build and develop testing frameworks and approaches that will focus on formal verifications, static code testing, vulnerability scanning, risk assessment, and other methods.
We work in an environment where tangibility and flexibility are key attributes that help us innovate. Our engineering team embodies those qualities, bringing clarity and direction to help move new ideas forward. If you enjoy keeping up to speed on current technological trends, and have an interest in crypto and security - get in touch!
We are a remote-first organization looking to build an engineering team primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience with threat modelling, secure coding, authentication, cryptography and network security.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Solid working knowledge of Cloud Data Services such as AWS and Azure
- Extensive experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Have highly effective communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Strong grasp of large-scale technology architectures and data flows
- Qualified to at least an MSc degree in mathematics, computer science, cyber security, cryptography or a related field. A PhD or Postdoc in any of the related fields is a bonus.
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos
- Experience in financial markets/software / DeFi
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of distributed cryptographic principles and protocols (e.g. ZKP or SMPC)
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale
We expect technical members of the Nillion team to have or be the following:
- Comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability find and integrate knowledge quickly
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work independently and with a bias towards action
- Be incredibly technically curious about how things work or how to do things a better way
- Good at providing valuable feedback on architecture or code reviews with team members
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and globally distributed team
- Good at coaching and being coached
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Great at providing simple and extensible abstractions to complex systems
We offer the following perks as part of employment with Nillion:
- Flexible working hours to accommodate life>
- Competitive Salary and Token Compensation; acquire Nil tokens as part of your bonus
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! We are fully remote but value regular meet-ups.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit and you’d like to find out more, hit apply below and submit your CV! If you don’t have a CV to hand, you can always download your LinkedIn profile and use that (click “More…” on your LinkedIn profile then “Save to PDF” 💡).