What we do
Violet's mission is to evolve trust in Web3. Among a few other things, we are building on-chain compliance and identity management infrastructure.
Violet as horizontal infrastructure is applicable to many use cases, however we are most excited about catalyzing institutional participation across DeFi in the near term. We believe this is key for the industry to expand and become more robust.
Specifically we are initially building an institutional compliance infrastructure product with strong privacy guarantees. We intend this infrastructure to be utilized by DeFi builders as they start engaging institutional liquidity and wish to grow regulatory trust in their platforms.
While Violet is at the intersection of web2 and web3, a significant portion of our code is deployed directly on-chain, with a particular emphasis on EVM based chains. As we scale across multiple implementations, edging us closer towards our vision of a user owned identity network, we are keen to expand the team with a senior smart contract engineer.
Violet is backed by top crypto investors and traditional investors alike, including BlueYard and founders / senior leadership at Ethereum, Filecoin, Anchorage, Coinbase, Wise, Uniswap, Argent, and many more.
End to end smart contract development across our suite of software deployed on Ethereum mainnet, Optimism, Arbitrum, Polygon, and beyond
- Implement, test and deploy Web3 interfaces that are delightful to use
- Work with the entire team to bootstrap and foster a thriving open source community around Violet, utilizing this interface to continuously improve our work and processes
3+ years of experience working with Solidity and Web3 tools (Hardhat, Tenderly, Remix, Truffle, etc), including deploying high-quality, secure, and gas-optimized smart contracts in production (on mainnet or any L2)
- Experience developing dApps using React, Redux, Typescript, ethers.js and libraries such as wagmi
- Strong software fundamentals across distributed systems, cryptography and security
- Strong blockchain fundamentals, specifically across inner workings of the EVM, rollups, interchain communication, etc
- Experience working in a cross functional team
- Bonus points:
- Experience writing concise and beautiful developer documentation
- Familiarity with the codebase of some DeFi protocols such as Uniswap or Aave
- Familiarity with the state of research and tooling around ZKPs
- Familiarity with crypto-economic protocol design including governance and incentive structures
- If you have published about your work before (Blog, code, twitter, conferences, etc)
What’s it like to work at Violet
Violet is a remote first / distributed organization, with a small hub in Berlin. Today all of our team is in EU time zones and we get together in person every second month for a few days. Recent trips have been to Denver, Amsterdam, and Berlin. We value both the flexibility of remote work, as well as the ability for deep and conceptual work, that is at its best while being around your teammates.
Competitive compensation package, including generous equity / token grants
- Co-working or home office stipend
- Whatever work gear you may need to feel productive
- Participation across major industry conferences and hackathons, as well as travel to team on-sites and our hub in Berlin
How to apply and process
Does this role sound like a good fit? Please email us at join [at] violet.co. Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done or anything else we should know about you! This is a full time role. Note: We welcome all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.