We are looking for an expert on smart contracts.
We are a pioneering web3 venture builder and professional services boutique. We have been building on Ethereum since 2014. Our mission is to empower talented individuals to build open, secure and reliable web3 solutions.
35 team members are collaborating in our Mainz & Berlin offices in Germany, and remote.
Our ventures include Beamer Bridge (rollup-rollup bridging), Shutter Network (malicious MEV protection), Trustlines Network (P2P mutual credit), and Raiden Network (P2P high volume payments).
Our service portfolio includes smart contract security audits and web3 strategy consulting.
With our ventures and services, we empower people to be independent of existing power structures. That’s our purpose.
Does the purpose resonate with you?
Great! This is what you can expect when you join us.
- Make an impact, helping to create more open, secure, and reliable infrastructures;
- Learn from our expert team of smart contract developers and web3 enthusiasts while interacting with different teams working on every aspect of Ethereum;
- Work directly with our in-house venture teams and our external clients;
- Audit smart contracts with the highest standard of security in the industry;
- Write audit reports and identify vulnerabilities in smart contracts and possible remedies;
- Have the opportunity to shape our smart contract auditing services.
To apply for this position, you must have;
- 5+ years of working experience in software development roles with 2+ years of work experience in smart contracts, ideally with some experience as a smart contract auditor/expert;
- Extensive knowledge in Ethereum and EVM Based Blockchain with strong debugging skills and/or experience in reverse engineering;
- A security-minded approach with a special focus of the pitfalls of EVM code and vulnerabilities;
- High level of understanding of common cryptographic vulnerabilities;
- Expertise in Solidity and Typescript;
- Fluency in Solidity development and the deployment of smart contracts;
- Experience with unit and integration testing;
- Experience with hardhat and/or foundry;
- Previous experience/s in a start-up and/or similar fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- Advanced level of English proficiency - both written and spoken [our company language is English].
As a bonus you are;
- An individual with a Software Engineering background [Computer Software/Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience];
- Experienced in cyber security;
- Experienced with Golang/Rust/Python or similar other programming languages;
- An advisor who provides expertise to others - even to the non-tech people in an understandable, constructive manner, e.g., in technical blogs/conferences;
- Able to provide publicly visible audit reports in your portfolio;
- Willing to relocate to (or visit often to) Mainz or Berlin, Germany.
Life at Brainbot
At brainbot each employee has the opportunity to find out her/his full potential. We are supporting you on this journey.
- A culture that fosters self-responsibility with a high level of professional freedom;
- Flexible working hours and locations;
- Attractive compensation package;
- Fruits, snacks and drinks (including our own brewed and branded beer!) in the offices;
- Regular participation at international web3 developer conferences;
- Annual team retreats;
- Modern offices in Mainz & Berlin - we like to enjoy Fussball & Spike-ball in between work;
- Free choice of hardware and software.
The interview process will be as follows;
- Initial 30 mins interview with our People and Culture ambassador - we appreciate the cultural fit!
- 1 - hour technical interview with one of our senior developers - we’re sure that you’ll also have fun along the way!
- Team lead and team member (smart contract auditor) introduction - have the chance to directly ask your position-related technical questions.
- Reference check - feel praised by your former superiors.
You cover 100% of the Must-Haves requirements? Well, done. Make sure your CV covers them, too.