About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the role
SkyMavis's looking for a Smart Contract Engineer who will closely collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers to build infrastructure and bring privacy and scalability infrastructure to our ecosystem.
- Keep up with business requirements and concerns across the community and internal teams.
- Maintain high product quality as well as engineering quality.
- Proactively provide recommendations for innovative solutions to stakeholders’ requests.
- Architecture and design of distributed protocols with an emphasis on security, performance, and scalability.
- Write, deploy, and test smart contracts and maintain them in production.
- Develop and own best practices for protocol upgrades and versioning across different networks.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design on the user-facing applications built around our smart contract protocols.
- Stay updated with the latest Solidity releases, developer tooling, and exploits.
- Mentor other engineers on in-depth topics and best practices. Training and sharing with other members to improve the competence of the team.
- Work with other team members and departments to process tasks with clear direction and deliverables.
- Frequently collect feedback along with accelerating performance and providing coaching/training for team members to ensure the member’s development.
- At least a BSc./BA. in Computer Science, Software Engineering/ Information Technology, or experience in related fields.
- Have outstanding academic performance with a high GPA; awards, prizes, and research is a plus.
- 2+ years of smart contract development, including production deployments of original, non-trivial protocols and related security audits.
- Have an analytical and metrics-driven work >
- Experience designing distributed protocols.
- Experience designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining high-traffic smart contracts.
- Have the ability to balance shipping quickly with building stable infrastructure.
- Have strong knowledge of the Ethereum Virtual Machine and other EVM-compatible networks, DeFis and other Web3 ecosystems.
- Can collaborate fluently in English with other teams.
- Experience working with startups is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong research skills, brainstorming and ideating on new protocol designs. Help the Research team to evaluate the feasibility of any scaling solutions and problems.
- Show strong problem-solving, time management and project management skill to allocate personnel and resources for projects.
- Engage and work with both internal and external auditing teams and implement feedback.
- Familiar with agile software development and engineering culture.
- Passion for blockchain technologies and Web3.
- Be an innovator and raise your voice to contribute to the team's development.
- You're a team player and can work closely with the rest of our team.
- You learn quickly and adapt to new principles and ideas.
- High responsibility and diligence.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globally
A fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve