The Communications team at Chainalysis is made up of public relations experts, trained economists, and skilled writers who leverage data-driven insights to demonstrate that Chainalysis knows the most about what’s happening on blockchains. We’re vibrant storytellers who produce cutting-edge original research that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, and more.
Chainalysis’s Social Media lead will further define and execute our social media strategy and roadmap globally, across multiple platforms and markets. They will work with the broader Marketing and People teams to extend our corporate brand and reach, as well as with our leadership team and spokespeople across functions to elevate their profiles. This person will drive engagement by showcasing Chainalysis as an engaging place to work, sharing insights from our data-driven research and content, demonstrating our passion for building trust in crypto, promoting our customers’ success, and engaging on issues important to our audience including policy, cybersecurity, DeFi and more. We measure success by the overall engagement and sentiment on our social media channels.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve fine-tuned and championed the company’s social media strategy that aligns with the overall marketing and comms goals and applies to all Chainalysis social media channels, including exploring new communication channels in the DeFi environment.
- You are constantly evaluating the ever-changing social media landscape, and counsel marketing leadership on strategies for the most successful, promising platforms.
- Pitched new and creative ideas to reach emerging crypto communities, including developer and growth teams at DeFi organizations
- You’ve partnered with the comms and marketing team members when it comes to messaging, campaigns, target audiences and personas, and adjust our social media strategy accordingly if needed.
- You are able to measure increased engagement, a more diverse audience, and an expansion of our presence online.
- You’ve partnered with regional and local field marketing and events teams in order to promote external events and activities.
- You’ve partnered with the customer success and customer marketing teams to showcase and celebrate the success of our customers and partners.
- You’ve elevated the social profiles of key executives and spokespeople.
- Employees engage with social media activation kits and advocacy content for events, campaigns, news and customer stories.
- You’ve developed and managed news-driven and evergreen thought leadership social media campaigns, promoted products, services, market intel and employee-focused content, which lives on the Chainalysis website and blog.
- You’ve conducted social media workshops to train our employees, the leadership team, (press) spokespeople, as well as for supporting our customers or partners when it comes to joint social media campaigns or activities.
- You’ve supported the Employer Brand with dedicated campaigns over the year, ensuring that Chainalysis is well-known to candidates across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific because of your efforts.
- Our social media presence from an employee branding perspective has expanded beyond LinkedIn to include more targeted employee and candidate-focused platforms and/or tactics.
A background like this helps:
- You’ve managed corporate social media accounts on a global scale, with a focus on organic social media, but with experience in paid social media, too.
- You’ve been living and breathing in a tech environment and ideally interested in crypto, blockchain and web3.
- You’ve worked at a high-growth company.
- You’ve worked with global teams before and have some familiarity with cultural nuances as they relate to social media usage.
- You understand the metrics that matter to social media success and brand building, as well as talent acquisition and you know how to collect them (e.g. engagement rate, ROI, conversion rates, click-throughs, impressions, etc.).
- You feel empowered by ambiguity and enjoy creating value from seemingly unsolvable problems and unassigned opportunities.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. Chainalysis maintains two pay zones: Zone 1 includes team members in the New York City metro area and team members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Zone 2 encompasses all other parts of the United States. The salary ranges are:
Zone 1 $95,000 - $125,000 - $155,000
Zone 2 $85,000 - $110,000 - $135,000
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits.