About Birthday Research
Birthday Research (BR) is the Blockchain Research and Development arm of Cake DeFi, a Singapore-based blockchain and fintech company. Fuelled by the best minds in the industry, BR seeks to develop best-in-class blockchain innovations.
As a pioneering force, our work spans cryptographic research, deep blockchain consensus development, and smart contracts development — with a laser-sharp focus on driving the industry frontier while tackling the most demanding UX challenges of today.
About the role:
The Moonshot team is a brand new endeavour at Birthday Research currently focused on creating revolutionary solutions that build upon the emergence of new technologies such as Bitcoin Ordinals, Taproot Assets and STAMPs. As an early-stage isolated project, we are seeking individuals who are highly entrepreneurial and possess exceptional problem-solving skills that transcend the standard software engineering paradigm. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to plan, design, and build within this new and quickly evolving landscape, working on products such as marketplaces and wallets built upon newly internal designed protocols alongside a talented team of individuals. The candidate will also have to possess the ability to identify the core needs of our users and craft a product that caters to their requirements while incorporating the latest features and innovations in the space.
What you’ll do:
- Own the developer experience and grow the engineering community
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers, and technical writers
- Create and maintain resources for developers such as demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and tutorials
- Be active on tech communities, forums and pioneer the discussions and developer education
- Write ecosystem-specific guides, tutorials, release notes, and white papers
- Create content to scale up adoption, demonstrate best practices, and showcase new features
- Develop and execute a comprehensive developer outreach and engagement strategy to increase developer adoption and retention.
- Identify relevant influencers and devise plans on how to engage with them effectively
- Synthesise and share feedback from the developer community and help the project improve the product for these purposes
- Engage with the community through various means, including podcasts, webinars, events, social media, conferences, etc.
- Define and own metrics to measure the success of our developer content and outreach efforts
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering and are customer facing
- You have a working knowledge of developer tools like SDKs and APIs
- You are active part of tech communities and understand how they function
- You have done tech writing, and are interested in being a community engineer
- You are a Web3.0 / Blockchain enthusiast and a tech evangelist
- You enjoy organizing tech webinars, events, and conferences.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams (developer relations, product, community managers, support, etc.)