Hyper Accelerating the Internet of Value
Location: Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
RippleX supports one of the world's fastest, most sustainable, and consistently reliable blockchains - the XRP Ledger. (Fun fact: it's been carbon neutral for over two years now!)
We're focused on helping others to solve their own problems using the XRPL. For example:
- We've written intuitive libraries for developers to easily send money through their apps.
- We've contributed specs to the open source ledger to handle new use cases like NFTs.
- We're creating a toolkit for people to spin up their own "sidechain" networks to experiment with.
- We're enabling blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone.
All in all, we're about making it easier to tap into the power of instant decentralized payments by providing infrastructure, tools, and support for developers to build on the XRPL.
We are seeking software engineering (computer science) co-ops who match our beliefs in the power of this technology. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have. There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON: (Based on skills and interest)
- Helping to create a webapp used by central banks to issue and manage their own digital currencies (React)
- Making an open source Slack bot to monitor the ledger and notify people about important events (TypeScript)
- Implementing tools to help new developers quickly ramp-up and leverage the XRPL's capabilities
Note: These are potential projects - you don't need to know every language listed.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are currently in a Bachelors or Masters program in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- You've worked on open source projects, developer platforms, and/or API-driven software
- You're excited to learn about blockchains and how to make the ecosystem better
- You look to solve problems with simple solutions, rather than technically perfect ones
WHAT WE OFFER INTERNS:
We’re looking to increase what we already offer, but you can expect
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated "buddy"- we'll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything >
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)