The Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between the fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
The Sr. Manager, Global Payroll is a key role within our Finance team, with a strong dotted line relationship to the People team. They will build and lead the global payroll function to deliver world class payroll support and services to our employees. This person will also drive payroll transformation as we look to standardize, streamline and automate the global payroll as we grow and scale rapidly. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced global environments with a strong collaborative style and bias to employee experience.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if …
- You’ve create scalable global (currently in 8 countries and growing) payroll strategies, processes and infrastructure, refining current payroll operations to streamline and automate processes to ensure consistency, accuracy, and best-in-class services.
- You ensure accurate and timely processing of the global payroll, payroll funding, tax filing on a pay period and ongoing basis.
- You’ve built lead, develop and mentor an international payroll team.
- You partner closely with internal partners (Global Talent, Finance, IT, People team) to deliver an outstanding onboarding and pay experience for our employees.
- You lead payroll development and implementation process for new countries or entities, as needed.
- You keep up to date on local regulations and requirements to provide regional expertise on taxation, stock compensation queries, and partnering with payroll consultants to implement.
- You manage and direct the end-to-end processes for the company’s pay-related activities, including sourcing, onboarding, offboarding and managing third-party payroll providers.
- You build and maintain employee confidence and trust by setting up process for promptly responding to requests, developing clear communications, and protecting the confidentiality of payroll operations.
- You manage the operational aspects of the payroll function including vendor invoices, service level agreements, vendor contracts, etc.
- You operate with a strategic mindset of continuous performance improvement to streamline and automate as opportunities arise.
A background like this helps
- Several years of hands-on experience in global payroll.
- Strong knowledge and experience with US labor law, tax and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance. requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements, as well as local compliance outside of US, including Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Global Payroll Management Certificate or CIPP preferred.
- Deep knowledge and experience with payroll vendors and platform technologies (ADP and Papaya Global experience is a strong plus).
- Experience in leading payroll transformation projects or in leading Payroll implementation projects.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization.
The base salary range for this role is $149,000 to $186,000 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.