Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming, We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help optimize the Art pipeline on our new Game. You will combine your extensive skills and experience in gaming, and interaction design to lead a team in developing and maintaining a gaming experience that paves the way for Blockchain in gaming.
This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual to help the organization shape what best practices are for blockchain technologies.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do:
● Work with the Art & Development Teams to effectively produce technically correct art content and integrate into the Unity
● Support artists and engineers in the use of the existing art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
● Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers focusing on asset performance and validation
● Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
● Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
● Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
● Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
● Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
● Maintain communication with peers in all departments
● Collaborate with art and client engineering teams to identify, define, and enforce performance budgets, requirements, and other validations for art assets in the game
● Troubleshoot pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team
● Identify opportunities to incorporate new technologies and techniques to maximize art workflow efficiencies and empower the creative team to express their vision in our products.
● Assist in defining the Technical Art Teams roadmap
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done:
● Passion for iterative design and peer-to-peer culture.
● Experience defining and creating new tools for Artists to increase iterative speed.
● 4+ years of production and development experience in games or related industries.
● 4+ years experience working in Unity, or similar engines in a technical art capacity.
● Experience in developing scripts, tools, and programs for art-related pipelines and workflows, written in Python/C# or similar languages.
● Experience with at least one or more industry-level DCC 3D applications. (Maya, Max, Blender, Modo)
● Experience with at least one or more industry-level DCC 2D applications. (Photoshop)
● Basic Knowledge of all art disciplines including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering.
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like:
● Experience profiling and optimizing art assets for memory and performance considerations.
● Broad interest in real-time rendering technologies and art asset creation tools
● Experience with procedurally created or generated content
● Experience in developing Anime with an Asian flair in a video game production is a huge plus
What you’ll Get in Return:
➔Competitive U.S. Base Salary between $123,000 and $145,000
➔Generous paid vacation for full time employees
➔Generous parental leave (12 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days for full time employees
➔Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
➔Company-paid Life Insurance for full time employees
➔Health & wellness stipend for full time employees
➔Cell phone stipend for full time employees
➔Company-paid identify theft/credit monitoring service for full time employees
➔Generous home office reimbursement.