Mona is the premier 3D-world building platform and social network for the metaverse – built for creators, by creators. A web-native platform with no downloads, Mona assembles the best creators to build the future we want to live in, one owned by the creators.
As a full-stack engineer, you will drive the creation of the open metaverse and guide the principles and behaviors that will impact millions of people.
Our work environment is remote-first. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, creativity and big ideas. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability and transparency.
Mona is looking for a full-stack developer to help build the open metaverse. The ideal candidate for this role has strong TypeScript/node.js knowledge and is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. You'll be expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You'll be able to take ownership of entire features and components of Mona while leading product design and code elements. You will need a keen ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work directly with the CTO to define and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the metaverse. If you're looking to make a difference in the world alongside a group of incredible humans, this is it.
What You'll Do
- Lead and implement new features or make improvements to an existing ones
- Building infrastructure that enables Mona to better serve 3D creators and help them build new worlds
- Simplifying infrastructure to make it more reliable, effective, and upgradeable
- Playing games, if you don't already. That's OK, we'll learn together
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it's posting something awesome you just learned, or showing us adorable pictures of your pets
- Changing your views on a subject after being presented with new data
- Solving problems with code, without code, and sometimes by deleting code
- Adjusting to the requirements of a rapidly growing team (in a healthy way)
What We're Looking For
- You have 5+ years of full-stack application development experience
- Strong experience with Typescript/Node.js & any frontend framework
- Some experience with Vue preferred
- Familiarity with Express, MongoDB, Unity, Tailwind CSS, web3.js, and AWS a plus
- Attention to detail, creativity and passion
- Good intuition in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Experience working in or with distributed teams
- Passionate understanding of the blockchain and NFTs
- You share our vision that the metaverse must be open
- Company device
- Remote-first work environment
- Flexible Time Off (Unlimited PTO)
- NFT allowance
- Remote work allowance (i.e., internet, phone, coffee/tea, snacks, etc.)
- Wellness allowance (i.e., gym membership, music streaming, mental health support, etc.)
- 75% of premiums covered for medical, health, and vision
- Annual company outing
- Opportunities to attend events
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Mona is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mona will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.