OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We are building an elite team to drive financial insight and strategy at OpenSea. The Strategic Finance team brings understanding and clarity to OpenSea’s financials, and we work together with our key business partners to accelerate growth for OpenSea. You will be instrumental in defining OpenSea’s business aspirations and realizing its potential.
- Build and maintain relationships across the organization to support effective finance partnerships
- Own and evolve processes, including forecasting, scenario planning, and management reporting
- Synthesize and distill key financial and business insights to help teams effectively manage headcount and expenses within budget
- Develop and monitor critical success and business performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining and improving financial processes and infrastructure to automate and support the growth of our business
- Effectively manage ad hoc projects and analyses, including evaluating new programs and initiativesIf you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- B.S. or B.A. in relevant field of study
- 4-8 years of professional experience, with progressive finance responsibility for business planning and forecasting, budget/expense management and investment decisioning
- Excellent analytical skills and business judgment; balance details while keeping sight of the big picture and an ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive key projects to completion
- Experience with key financial systems and tools (e.g. Oracle, Netsuite, Anaplan, Coupa, others)
- Self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented individual with ability to work well in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable working with large datasets; advanced experience with SQL
- Experience at fast scaling, technology companies; exposure to consumer-facing products, blockchain or cryptocurrency a plus
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $135,000 - $180,000 plus benefits & equity.#LI-Remote