The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Accountant. This person will work on technical accounting projects. This person will also help build robust and scalable financial reporting processes and controls from the ground up to ensure we close each quarter and year-end at a public company standard. The ideal candidate will be able to think independently, be able to multi-task, and a proactive worker.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Assist in performing accounting analysis, draft memorandums, and provide technical accounting guidance on the following areas of US GAAP (not intended to be all inclusive): Preferred Stock, Warrants, Business Combinations, Consolidation, Stock-Based Compensation, Foreign Currency, Leases, & Internally Developed Software.
- Consider implication of new accounting pronouncements relevant to the Company on the financial statements, disclosures, and current accounting policies
- Collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters, including financial statement and footnote preparation.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned including assisting with internal and external audits.
- Create and maintain documentation of accounting policies and ensure that key processes are performed as prescribed.
- Contribute in the preparation of timely, accurate and meaningful internal and external financial statements and management report
- Provide training to accounting team for current policies, new / updated accounting guidance, and other complex areas of accounting
A background like this helps:
- Related revenue accounting experience, preferably within the SaaS/FinTech environment. Big 4 experience & CPA is a plus.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
- Understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Data-oriented and unfazed by large datasets.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience researching, applying, and documenting accounting rules.
- Understanding of month end close, GAAP, SOX and audit concepts and requirements required.
- Experience working with Salesforce, FinancialForce and NetSuite is strongly preferred.
The base salary range for this role is $126,300 to $157,900 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.