Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations includingAave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
<h3><strong>About this role</strong></h3>
OpenZeppelin is looking for a Technical Editor Writer to work collaboratively with our security services team to improve the quality of our audit reports and create compelling written materials centered around the web3 and blockchain security space.
What you'll be doing
- Spend approximately 80% of your time editing technical audit reports and 20% of your time creating new content for our social media, blog, and coordinating with third-party partners to help us establish our brand across web3 media channels.
- Perform final reviews, revisions, and edits of all audit reports and deliverables to ensure that they are accurate, clear, consistent, and conform to the highest professional standards.
- Assist and train security researchers to improve their writing skills in order to produce higher quality content.
- Establish and enforce policies and specifications around audit report formats, terminology, and writing >
- Host monthly training sessions to continuously improve the teamâs writing skills and offer help and guidance to auditors whenever necessary.
- Be an important resource for security auditors during the reporting stage of their audits, helping them create clear and descriptive issue write-ups. Ensure smooth communication between security auditors and web3 project teams.
- Create new content to support security researchers, and the larger organization, such as technical documentation, training materials, knowledge-base articles, meeting presentations, and other content to help support our primary activity of smart contract security audits.
- Professional experience as a technical editor or writer in at least one of the following fields: cybersecurity, software development, technical documentation, or the web3/blockchain space.
- Expert command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the rules of composition and grammar and intimately familiar with the standards of professional writing >
- Comfortable participating in discussions with a group of highly technical subject matter experts and distilling complex technical concepts into easily readable language.
- Experience with GitHub and working in different branches/resolving merge conflicts.
- Proven ability to create standards, policies, and formatting guidelines around technical documentation and act as a champion to advocate for their adoption to the larger organization.
- High attention to detail and willingness to iterate over content until it has reached the highest quality possible.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a distributed team spread across many locations and timezones.
Nice to have
- Passion for web3 and blockchain technology.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity terminology, processes, and concepts.
- Experience with: CSS, HTML, JS, Python, Solidity, Linux.
- Professional experience with security audit reports or evaluations.
- Experience with graphic design.
Unfortunately, we are only looking for remote candidates that are located in: Europe, Mediterranean or Middle East.
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (45mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (45mins)
- PM Team Interview 60mins)
- Leadership Interview (30mins)
- Paid work test (Lasting up to 10 days)
- Reference checks
<div class="content-conclusion"><section class="j-content">
- Unlimited holidays ð
- Fully remote: your way of working ð
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver ð
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world ð
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD ðª
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities ðª
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice ð©âð»
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) ð£
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry ð
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!