GAMING EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
As the Technical Director you are the main stakeholder of the implementation of Seedify’s vision of the Metaverse, linking art, design & business goals with technical solutions.
With Unreal Engine & multiplayer open world games tech expertise, you analyze, recommend and select the best technical directions in order to maximize cost & schedule efficiency, balancing short-term priorities with long term-goals.
You understand the opportunities and limitations of blockchain tech as it applies to game development, able to steer towards realistic goals.
You work collaboratively with all the teams in the studio to improve the efficiency of their development process with respect to technical challenges and implementation.
● Interpret feature briefs & and other creative requests, identify challenges and opportunities and work alongside teams to establish goals and schedules
● Evaluate current internal & external technology and tools and recommend those that best meet project objectives and expectations
● Anticipate technological advances, design and implement software systems that support and exploit these opportunities
● Ensure the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity and compatibility of the features and tools developed by the team
Additionally, you will
● Review and maintain technical documentation such as procedures, onboarding and “how to guides”
● Participate in recruitment to build the engineering team & foster their growth.
This is a key role with studio-wide impact that requires strong technical knowledge with respect to Unreal Engine as well as expertise with game development and Metaverse / Web 3.0 /blockchain applications in this space.
Ideally, you have:
● 3 to 5 years of game industry experience as a Technical Architect or Director
● In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine and its strengths & limitations; specific UE5 hands-on experience is a big plus
● Solid experience in multiple aspects of game technology development (gameplay, UI & UX, 3D, network, tools, animation)
● Strong understanding of software development processes with respect to networked applications, blockchain and integration of the two
● Mastery of common software development tools like bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) & version management systems (e.g. Perforce)
● Good analytical and synthesis skills
● Autonomy and resourcefulness
● Attention to detail
● Flexibility in organizing work
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, mentorship, and presentation skills
WHY JOIN SEEDIFY?
● You thrive in a startup mindset and want to take on the freshest challenges in this space
● You want to join a fully remote company comprised of great people from across the world
● You have a passion for open world sandbox games and understand the technical challenges such experiences present.