at Parity Technologies
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
The Infrastructure Engineering Team is responsible for development, integration and operation of Parity's internal and external facing infrastructure. This includes design and operations of large scale test networks which facilitate the development process of our core software development products as well as surrounding components like communication infrastructure as well as access and resources management.
We're hiring an experienced Technical Project Manager to join this team. The Project Manager will be embedded in the engineering team and will support the engineers in the process of delivering robust and quality software development infrastructure. This position will require a strategic, technically-minded approach to facilitate communication within the team and across software development teams and support with establishing processes, structures and people management. Due to Parity’s unique open-source culture, the ideal candidate will be more of a negotiator and mediator than a top-down strategist while being prone to feedback loop and willing to improve on it with critical thinking. In summary, some of what you'll do:
- Document and drive the roadmap(s) in a supportive manner, prioritising tasks and managing the team's resources, and identifying resource constraints and any other issues that arise
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times
- Design quality and automation procedures, and deliver project dashboard(s) for internal and company-wide visibility
- Help align members of the team on a shared vision and document the execution of that vision
- Background in STEM & 2-5 years technical program/product management experience in fast-paced, highly-fluid environments
- Understanding of blockchain, operations in cloud infrastructure and familiarity with open-source software and analytical mindset
- Passion for Web3
- Knowledge of GitHub workflows, PRs, issue tracking and milestones
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skillset
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and schema to balance competing priorities when needed
- Ability to influence internal collaborators without direct management responsibility
- (ideally) Knowledge of the Polkadot/Substrate ecosystem and network
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.