Technical Project Manager - Delivery Services
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
The Solution Engineering team at Parity focuses on supporting external development teams building solutions with and for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem.
As a project manager for our blockchain solution development projects, we are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instinct, coding background, strategic thinking, and coordination skills.
You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society.
About the position:
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working with a team of solution engineers, architects, and business analysts to coordinate and manage the development and delivery of blockchain projects.
- Serving as the point of contact for customers and key stakeholders to facilitate decision making, feature requests, project milestones, etc.
- Developing project scopes, key requirements, resourcing, and roadmaps to ensure projects are set up for success.
- Managing day-to-day work of the project team to ensure development progresses towards team goals and strategic objectives.
- Establishing best practices for project team planning, processes, work prioritisation, feedback, and culture.
You will have a:
- Minimum 2+ years of project management experience and at least 1 year of customer-facing experience.
- Strong desire to learn about blockchain ecosystems.
- Reliable skills in structuring projects, managing competing interests and aligning various parties on a common goal.
- Knowledge in creating roadmap definitions, based on the interest of multiple technical stakeholders.
- Track record in presenting complex topics in an understandable and structured way to key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to business development and technical teams internally and externally.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritise, communicate, and function in a small team.
Additionally, it would be an added bonus if you had a:
- Background in computer science and experience with software development.
- Understanding of decentralized systems and blockchain technology.
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.