We need writers with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging developer experience.
Technical writers make Internet Computer developers more efficient and productive by writing, structuring, and maintaining high-quality technical content. DFINITY cares deeply about developer experience. With great documentation, engineers spend more time building value for users and less time searching for answers.
We know that incomplete and rushed documentation creates friction and slows things down, while efficient knowledge sharing is a force multiplier that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
Our goal is to empower developers and foster a culture of self-service with world-class documentation.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience writing great software documentation alongside engineers
- Is able to write exceptionally well - easy to understand, descriptive, with the necessary level of detail, while keeping the focus on the overall goal of the essay
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Is proficient with HTML, Markdown, Git, and command-line tools.
- Can write code and understand basic computer science concepts, given that the subject his highly technical
- Has a good background in technical writing best practices
- Has strong empathy for the user and ability to write documentation from the user's point of view
- Is accessible in EST working hours, given the need to collaborate with colleagues overseas.
It's a plus if you have:
- 2+ years experience working on crypto and blockchain-related projects
- Experience working with Solidity, Rust, and blockchain development in general
- Experience creating documentation tools and publishing pipelines
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Code (or another common IDE like IntelliJ, vim, or Emacs)
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume.
- Technical writing examples (where 80%+ of content is written by you)
- Any additional materials (for example, a writing sample in a particular style, a description of why you want to work in this role, a paragraph describing relevant experience)
- Write documentation for the Internet Computer platform that includes tutorials, advanced guides, references
- Create guides for entrepreneurs on how to build a successful business on the Internet Computer platform
- Maintain content quality through curation and content performance analysis
- Define and help raise the quality bar with standards, guidelines, templates, and reporting.- Empower engineers, product managers, and global teams to create and maintain internal documentation and amplify their contributions
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable
- Create easy-to-navigate page structures so that developers can quickly skim the page and find what they need
- Push DFINITY and the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content