Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break is founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming. We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for an experienced Technical UI designer to work on an exciting new mobile game. In this position, you will have a role as an integral interface design team member implementing UI designs and screens in the Unity game engine, helping build functional rapid prototypes, layouts, visual scripting, and player experiences. You will work with UX Designers, UI Artists and UI Engineers to ship these features to many different types of players around the world. The ideal candidate would be comfortable calculating basic algebra math ("Game math"), working on game or menu systems, building responsive layouts that meet various sizes and accessibility needs, and basic scripting and programming principles.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do
● Implement in Engine the UI Screens and Features.
● Break down feature/wireframe into necessary widget structures and propose data inputs into the widgets.
● Craft comprehensive UI design systems that will be leveraged in-game.
● Work with Game Design, UX & UI Art to identify needs and communicate the technical requirements of those needs to engineers.
● Collaborate with the interface design team, artists, and game designers to create UI components and mockups.
● Create layouts from the provided wireframes with appropriate widget setup so UI Artists can begin styling and building on widgets.
● Assist UI Artists where necessary to implement special presentation behavior, fix layout issues, and debug problems.
● Build in modularity to widgets to be easily changed in rapid prototyping for Art & UX designers.
● Thinking of localization and accessibility needs and including those into the widget creation process
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● 2+ years of experience building UI and experiences in game engines and across multiple platforms (mobile, web and pc).
● 2+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
● 1+ years of experience shipping updates and new features to a user base on a regular cadence.
● Experience creating comprehensive design systems and >
● Proven experience in Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
● Have engine experience (Custom engine, Unity, UE4, Lumberyard, Snowdrop, etc.), but preferably in implementation within the Unity Game Engine.
● Strong understanding of C#
● You are a logical problem solver who pays a lot of attention to detail and has excellent written and communication skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects appropriately and be self-sufficient to handle dynamic situations.
● You can "translate" communication across departments (i.e talk to engineering about visual design needs, summarize technical issues, etc), but also have empathy for non technical team members and the ability to empower others on your team
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like
● UI work on 2+ AA/A Mobile game titles.
● You can code in C/C++
● Script and Implement game logic.
● Scripting or visual scripting experience
● Animation experience
● Visual Illustration experience
● Experience with building materials/shaders in Unity
● Experience in 3D Software such as (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Blender)
● Understanding of UX and what makes for a great Interface design.
● You’ve contributed to UI art pipelines and best practices
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
What you’ll Get in Return:
● $70.00 - $96.00 per hour, depending on skill set and years of experience.
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Apply for this job