We are looking for an experienced and talented Unreal Engine Multiplayer Programmer as we look to create our next blockchain MMO project in Unreal 5.
Capable of taking ownership of their own areas of development whilst collaborating effectively with all members of others teams.
You will be part of the Development Team and will work closely with other gameplay and backend programmers but might also exchange with the vision holders of the project: Marketing,Design,QA.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following:
· Help design, validate the technical feasibility of proposed game features an implement them in the Unreal Engine 5 (e.g.: hubs & multiplayer activities logic, open world systems, AI and PvE systems) with regards to Unreal Engine best practices and limitations
· Prototype & implement the multiplayer technical elements of game features alongside Game Designers, Software Engineers and other job families
· Build on top of exciting modules in the game in a modular, flexible and extendable way
· Establish & maintain technical documentation such as procedures and how-to guides for internal and external partners
This is a key role that develops multiplayer gameplay systems in the programming team. Experience with Metaverse / Web 3.0 /blockchain applications in gaming is desirable but not required.
· At least 3 years of industry experience in Unreal Engine
· Solid programming and computer science skills
· Solid foundation of server-client architectures
· Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS
· Comfortable with developing with both C++ & Blueprints
· Good practices creati flexible, modulable and readable features blocks.
· Good practices creating flexible, modulable and readable C++ and blueprint modules.
· A curiosity and strong interest toward games using blockchain-based and metaverse.
· A relevant degree and/or an outstanding portfolio/demo that showcases multiplayer work.
· Proven Experience of working in Unreal (work projects or similar)
· Strong knowledge of C++.
· Good understanding of how real-time 3D : 3D maths and physics
· Interest in new technologies and blockchain development in games.
· A true passion for video games and the desire to create high-quality experiences.
· Comfortable working in a team with version management tool (Git, SVN)
· A proactive attitude and the ability to work in a team in a remote space.
· Ability to communicate effectively with developers, artists and designers in a remote environment
· Previous experience with Unreal Engine 5
· Experience in multiplayer development on a metaverse or any blockchain game project
· Have Been part of an MMO project
· Experience optimising the performance of Unreal Engine games.
· Experience making games for multiple platforms including consoles.
· A previous shipped AAA game is a big plus
· Experienced with Perforce