For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
About Crypto.com Arena
Since its November 1999 Grand Opening, the AEG owned, and operated Crypto.com Arena has set industry standards for world-class sports and entertainment events and an unrivaled commitment to delivering to its fans best-in-class quality of service and a guest experience second to none. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers, the NHL’s LA Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks – the downtown Los Angeles arena has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams who have earned nine championships since moving to the L.A. LIVE adjacent venue. For more than 23 years, the iconic sports and entertainment showplace has continued to distinguish itself as the host of numerous major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004, 2011 & 2018 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Games, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 20 of the last 22 GRAMMY Awards shows. Crypto.com Arena has also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the award-winning venue including concerts starring Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Prince, U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Bublé, Carrie Underwood and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events.
The Guest Services Department’s Usher/Ticket-Taker position is responsible for providing excellent guest service at all Microsoft Theater, L.A. LIVE and CRYPTO.COM ARENA events
Guest Services 60% Daily
- Greet guests as they enter.
- Provide guests with directions.
- Distribute promotional items.
- Check tickets for guests attempting to enter the building or access seating sections.
- Assist with information requests.
- Notify Supervisor of guest complaints.
- Effectively and calmly interact with angry or emotional guests.
- Ensure guests exit venue safely.
- Assist guests during emergency situations.
Department Operations 35% Daily
- Communicate effectively via radio transmission.
- Handle all equipment with care.
- Perform a thorough visual inspection of work areas.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines and deadlines set by Guest Services Management and Supervisory team.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Use precautions and follow safety guidelines.
Other assigned duties 5%Required Qualifications
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1 year of related work experience
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Maintain a high standard of grooming
- Ability to take direction well and work well with others
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, and post-offer drug screening test
- Able to stand for multiple hours (4-6 hours per shift), lift/push/pull 30 lbs. and work any position, including elevator
- Must be available to work at least five (5) evening events per week; including all weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) events, possibly until 12:00 am or later
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Excellent customer service skills when interacting with guests, vendors, and employees
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Upon employment must join the 1877 SEIU Union
- Must be available to work events between 4pm to end of the event (approximately 10pm/11pm)
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)