Braintrust is on a mission to create and spread economic opportunity more equitably around the world. We were founded by two serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. To deliver on that mission, we operate the world’s first decentralized talent network, powered by BTRST, our native cryptocurrency token. We’ve already laid some exceptional foundations for growth; In 3 years, we’ve grown our marketplace revenue by 50X. We have 500+ customers including Nestle, Nike, Porsche, Deloitte, Twitter, & Coursera to name a few. We’ve raised $142M in funding from leading Silicon Valley investors including Coatue, Tiger Global, Coinbase Ventures, IDEO, Blockchange, Uprising, True Ventures, Homebrew, ACME + more. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal + more.
About the RoleAs a User Experience Researcher, you will be instrumental in transforming the user experience and building the future of Braintrust. You will work closely with Design, Product, Marketing, and Community teams to gather and synthesize insights that inform Braintrust’s evolution from just getting a job into the place to owning your career. This is a design-driven research position, and you will work closely with the product design team to create designs for research and iterate on designs based on research findings.
You’ll develop empathy, understanding, and expertise of our audience, our platform, and the market through regular research activities. You’ll regularly talk to users, collect in-app feedback, review UX metrics, and manage experience tracking tools like playback recordings and heatmaps. This research will support design of features and experiences from concept to delivery and beyond, helping to build a market leading product that is desirable, usable, and valuable to our users. This role sits on the Product team and reports to the Director of Product Design.
- Collect, analyze, and act on regularly collected feedback about users experiences both on and off platform
- Lead, manage, and facilitate research activities for the Product and Design team, including: discovery research, persona research, competitor/analog products research, concept testing, design testing, usability research, user feedback research, and user experience metrics tracking
- Utilize research tools to facilitate user research activities, including sourcing, scheduling, recording, transcribing, analyzing, storing, and sharing the findings
- Create research plans, briefs, templates, interview guides, prototypes, surveys, etc
- Analyze, synthetize, and package research findings and recommendations for regular share-outs to the team
- Ensure the insights from your research are successfully funneled back into the product to improve the user experience and enhance the product over time
- At least 3-5 years experience as a UX Researcher on a product team
- A portfolio of work showcasing your research capabilities and impact
- Strong understanding of user experience and product design, including experience working with Figma to set up prototypes and create design files to be used in research
- Excellent communication, writing, interviewing, and presentation skills
- Experience facilitating research through all phases of a product, from initial discovery to product launches
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear written summaries and plans
- Ability to influence teams and product decisions by advocating for users and utilizing the insights from your research
- Experience using various research tools, including: Tools for recruiting and facilitating user interviews (User Interviews, Great Question, User Testing, etc), tools for collecting in-app feedback, tools for recording user sessions and gathering heatmaps (Full Story, Smartlook, etc), tools for collecting/analyzing quantitative user experience data, tools for creating surveys (Google Forms, SurveyMonkey, etc), and a multitude of other research tools
Team and Culture
- We are a mission driven culture composed of ambitious, creative and hard working people.
- We started and will always be a fully distributed team
- We offer unlimited PTO and the flexibility to work wherever and whenever is best for you
- We offer a variety of health, vision, & dental benefit packages, and cover 80% for you, and 50% for your dependents.
- We provide $100/ mo gym & house cleaning stipends as well as $50/mo connectivity stipend
- We provide a $500 annual learning & development, and a $250 technology stipend
Make an Impact
- We’re not going after a small problem or a small market. We’re creating a new economic model for how work gets done globally.
- We believe talent is everywhere but opportunity is not; our ambition is to spread economic opportunity more equitably around the world.
- At Braintrust, the work you do will help accelerate innovation for enterprises, and make a difference