IO Global, creators of the blockchain platform Cardano, is searching for a talented VP of Operations to join their team. As VP of Operations, you will oversee all of the organization's operations and report directly to the COO office. Your mission will be to grow the operational backbone of the company and optimize it for scale. You will achieve that by overseeing day-to-day operations and supporting the COO to focus on future strategic planning.
You will be expected to collaboratively and strategically work with key internal stakeholders on business plans/strategies and balance the needs of the entire department while managing the P&L effectively to accomplish the company’s growth and contribution targets. Acting as key trusted advisor to the COO and IOG Executive team to discuss and explain all aspects of end-to-end operational performance relating to the 2023/2024 objectives and advising on future operational planning considerations including but not limited to involvement in the setup of subsidiaries that the company intends to establish.
- Convey strategic vision to the team and build consensus for any changes that are forthcoming
- Institute new policies, technology, equipment, workflows or whatever other changes can positively impact the present.
- Deputize for COO as required including reporting to COO and President, chairing OPCOM meetings
- Develop, implement and maintain key performance measures across Operations, driving engagement & ownership from the teams to deliver against these.
- Responsible for the leadership, development (regular 1:1s, team development and growth, performance reviews) and deployment of motivated, high performing Operations teams and supervising on the development of career pathways within Operations
- Ensure all Operations staff have clear and well defined objectives linked to Business Strategy and Objectives. Personal development plans established for all staff. Succession plans established for all key roles within Operations.
- Constantly innovate the delivery of services to gain maximum benefit to the potential clients and the business by utilising a combination of best of breed working practice and directing-edge technology
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to understand the current and future delivery, product and commercial requirements
- Develop a culture of excellence and continuous improvement consistent with the IOG’s core values.
- Manage and resolve any escalated issues, problems or complaints and ensure that action plans are prepared and implemented for problem rectification
- Create, own and present a monthly performance dashboard within our ERS dashboard tool
- Act as a role model and coach to support, direct and counsel individuals and teams to continuously question themselves to achieve greater levels of performance and satisfaction.
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience in an senior operations role (Director/Partner/Head/VP)
- Experience in managing multiple cross functional teams in multiple time zones (in excess of 500 staff)
- Experience or willingness to learn modular delivery framework including Tribe, Chapters and Squad components
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Extensive experience of budget and cost management is essential; experience of broader and deeper financial management is desirable.
- An ability to self-organize in a remote-first work environment
- Both a tactical and Strategic thinker, a natural leader who is capable of articulating across many levels and disciplines
- Experience and cultural understanding of the communities in which the IOG aims to operate and support.
- Demonstrate the application of continuous improvement techniques, approaches to quality and change management to deliver business efficiencies
- Management and senior leadership experience growing and managing a fast growing team.
- A strong interest or (emerging) expertise in the areas of web3, crypto, blockchain, etc
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
- Ability to travel (internationally).
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in a European timezone (either the UK, Ireland, Poland, Germany, & The Netherlands, for now).
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service