Founded in 2015, Wachsman is a leading global strategy and communications firm advising the next generation of companies in Web3, disruptive technologies, fintech and venture capital. With regional headquarters in New York, Dublin, and Singapore, and additional offices in London, Geneva, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC, Wachsman has solidified its position as a trusted advisor to some of the most innovative companies around the world.
At Wachsman, we focus on helping businesses establish and defend their industry position, seize opportunities, overcome challenges, and achieve sustainable commercial success in fast-moving and complex marketplaces. We offer clients a unique blend of advisory services across public relations and strategic communications, business strategy and consulting, digital marketing and events, regulation, and public policy.
Wachsman is now seeking a talented Weekend Community Moderator (Part-Time) to join our growing team and support a variety of clients. This individual will be responsible for overseeing and engaging with our clients' communities on Discord and Telegram on the weekends. This is a great opportunity for a creative, tech-savvy, financially literate, fiercely independent, and curious person who is excited about developing conversation starters, campaigns, and content to engage with relevant markets.
We are remote in the United States and are open to candidates located anywhere in the United States. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington, DC, for those who are interested in a hybrid model.
Skills & Requirements:
- Oversee and implement on a range of Community Moderator duties
- Set up bots, channels, and infrastructure on Telegram and Discord
- Respond to questions in a clear, concise, and engaging voice
- Resolve any issues that arise, whether relating to questions about the product, technical issues, or customer support
- Engage community members via questions, polls, compelling news, contests, campaigns, and a variety of other methods
- Help build a community of enthusiastic and intrepid crypto followers
- Build out ambassador programs and hype campaigns
- Help amplify Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok campaigns in Discord and Telegram
- Work with the social media team to leverage our social media platforms to drive traffic and followers to Discord and Telegram
- Engage in community outreach and partner efforts across Twitter and Discord
- Be able to do in-depth research on new and existing clients, have a deep understanding of their work, and communicate that to broad and niche audiences (ie. DeFi projects, interoperability blockchain clients, NFT platforms, crypto exchanges, and/or hardware wallet/blockchain security companies)
- Maintain and develop a keen understanding of the crypto and social media industry, its history, the current news, and benchmark against other companies in the sector
- Interface with the client and the rest of the team on messaging, content, marketing campaigns, and a variety of other needs
- Strategize with the social media and marketing team on enhancing client satisfaction with integrated social media, community management, and marketing
- 3+ years experience of online chat room moderation, which can be professional or personal
- 3+ years customer service, ideally in an online capacity
- Prior experience within the crypto and blockchain industry is required, which can be professional or personal
- Possess strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written communication skills and English skills
- Strong grammar and editing skills
- Social media strategy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong client relations and collaboration skills
- Strategic communication
- Digital media and marketing strategy
- People person